2009/05/14

Tennis - ATP - Madrid - Simon "on edge"

Gilles Simon has been very clear on the reasons for the defeat to Ljubicic in the final round in Madrid.

"I was weak in my head. I take two bad games and it makes me sick. I'm just on edge. "After his frustrating defeat against Ivan Ljubicic, Gilles Simon did not veil the face and conjures up a mental exhaustion.

"Gilles Simon, how do you explain the turn of this match?
It was weird. This is a game where I am. When it is more difficult, I get completely stupid. Then, it quickly turned to him. At this time, I noticed that when it went wrong, went wrong this time. That is what happened today. This is not the game because my game was very well for much of the match where I was patient and when he was aggressive when I needed it. It's just that at some point, it becomes anything.

How do you analyze this disconnect?
Especially my brain. This is not my habit, but the moment I simply want to leave the court because I was more there, I can not fight. I do not have all the enthusiasm in the field. I feel, I become stupid, but I can not prevent it. There comes a time when I come to stop the bleeding by making a game 3-0, but he has a 4-0 ball and if it converts, it may take a little time. At this time, when it goes wrong, I can not stop it. Lately, I have made many efforts to try to get better in my game and suddenly, my head is tired, it does not follow.

When Ivan Ljubicic 4-4 to evens, did you feel you can not win?
No, there are still times when I believe in it. It's just the impression that this is wrong. There are always negative thoughts coming, but I normally scans. When I lead 6-1, 5-0 against Hewitt, and it is up to 5-2, I'm not calm, but I manage to pass over. Here, I can not.

Is this a problem of trust?
No, this is not tennis or trust. It's just the brain. When this was slightly less well at 4-2 and then 4-3, it was enough of it so that it disconnects completely. At 4-4, it makes me crazy. I feel it coming and I can not prevent it. I was weak in my head. I take two bad games and it makes me sick. I'm just on edge. There is a seven-game series that starts in twenty minutes. I left that he would return the better. If I am 5-2, the match is over. This game, I've lost. Later, he played better, better served and given fewer points short of the bottom. But I had all the right cards to win.

If this is not a problem of confidence, is it just a mental fatigue?
Yes, I think it is mental fatigue. I want, but I can not beat me. When it goes wrong, I do not go over. I thought, finally, this is, I won 6-3, 6-2 in the first round and then I could possibly win 6-3, 6-2. I felt good and all of a sudden it went to 4-4. I thought: Shit, it's hard. I wanted this to be easy, it was hard and I was not prepared for that.

Can you do more violence?
Not that I do not happen again. I did not succeed on this game then. I got really violent with my game lately. There, I felt that it was returning and that I play well. Three games later, I fell into the nightmare. I saw too much, too fast. In the third set, I try to return, but he plays much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Attention! No spammer!!!